About Pangaea Data Limited
Pangaea Data Limited provides a machine learning based software product to its customers from the biopharmaceutical and healthcare industry for faster identification of patient cohorts based on phenotypes (clinical characteristics and symptoms) from electronic health records (EHRs) and unstructured doctors’ notes. This is critical for detecting patients at risk of diseases, finding genes linked to a phenotype in the context of drug or biomarker discovery, recruiting patients for clinical trials, conducting real world evidence (RWE) studies and matching the right patients with the right drugs. The company’s product has demonstrated that it is able to find the right patient cohorts at 50x speed and 30% higher accuracy when compared to alternative methodologies, such as rule based natural language processing (NLP), keyword extraction and manual means. All such work and metrics are published in high impact peer reviewed journals accessible through https://www.pangaeadata.ai/insights/.
Pangaea is based in San Francisco, London and Hong Kong and was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have raised more than £130 million through their work and is advised by leading experts from industry, Imperial College London and Stanford University. Pangaea’s investors include leading Deep Tech and Life science funds and serial entrepreneurs who founded several UK and US headquartered unicorns. Pangaea has access to more than 500 million patient electronic health records through its partnerships with hospitals and other such providers from the US, UK, Europe, South America and Asia Pacific.
Pangaea is looking for web developers who will closely collaborate with the production team and research team. We need our developers to implement the graphical design for our product so it effectively demonstrates the functions of our research technology in the context of the end user behavior. You will develop the front-end and/or back-end to support demo presentations and will work closely with researchers.
Key technical responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with the research, production, design teams, clinicians and with customers to understand and formalise requirements.
- Design, develop, test and maintain interactive user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design of our product.
- Design, develop, test and maintain back-end modules including database and servers to support the relevant web services.
- A strong intuition for what makes products a joy to use.
- Empathy for how different end users will need different things out of a product at different stages, and how to effectively serve these different needs in one product.
- Strong communication and mediation skills.
- Strong people skills and the ability to engage all levels of our and the end user’s organization (especially the front line).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English.
- A strong software engineering background in front-end and back-end development.
- With university qualification (Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate) who have completed at least three years of university study in Computer Science, Medical Informatics or related.
- Experience (classroom/work) in web UI design and front-end development and back-end development, UI and UX design.
Nice to Have
- Experience in building commercial website and software systems.
- Relevant work experience, including internships, full time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab.
- A software engineering background and knowledge of Machine Learning especially Natural Language Processing are preferable.
- Knowledge of working in AWS Environment.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible working hours.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Benefits include private medical insurance, life insurance and travel cards.
- You would join a small, dedicated and fast-growing team.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about building a startup business from experienced professionals and serial entrepreneurs.
- We are currently supported by serial entrepreneurs and angel investors. You will have the opportunity to experience an investment life cycle for a startup and meet leading venture capitalists.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The interview process will include three rounds. The first round will be a coding (software programming) interview which aims to evaluate your skills of coding and algorithm design. You will be asked to solve 2-3 algorithm problems online within limited time independently. The second and third rounds will be interviews with our senior management which will focus on your technical and personal skills, during which you would be expected to answer questions regarding your CV.
Application Contact Information
Please send your latest cv along with a cover letter and public links to your previous code, packages and/or demos to your full stack development (which do not include any confidential or proprietary information) to email@example.com.
Pangaea Data is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.