About Pangaea Data Limited
Pangaea Data provides a novel AI driven product, which has clinically proven to characterize patients in a federated privacy preserving and scalable manner. For example, Pangaea helped characterize cachexia in cancer patients, which led to the discovery of 6x more undiagnosed, miscoded and at risk cachectic cancer patients with 95% accuracy with the potential to save £1billion annually and improving outcomes. Additionally, US based healthcare systems have applied Pangaea to measure health inequity across the US through characterization of patients and their journeys based on tumour genomic testing results, demographics and social indicators from patient records. Clinicians at pharmaceutical companies are applying Pangaea to discover new clinically actionable insights which have helped them find new drug targets, define new end points for clinical trials, understand relationships between drugs and adverse events, find more patients for clinical trials and during the launch of new therapies. The founders (Dr. Vibhor Gupta and Prof. Yike Guo) are based between South San Francisco and London and have attracted $200 million through their research.
Role Description and Responsibilities
As a Clinical Scientist, you will closely collaborate with other colleagues to support algorithm design hence knowledge in life science and biomedicine is critical. In addition, some knowledge of NLP and AI will help you understand the product better.
- Understand the clients in life science (such as biopharmaceutical companies and healthcare providers) they engage with and the problems, pain points and requests they are seeing.
- Analyse clinical/biomedical data from clients and partners for insights to support NLP algorithms design.
- Analyse outputs of algorithms and products with feedback to improve the validity, interpretability and generalisability of algorithms and products.
- Design and develop internal tools to automate collection of clinical feedback for algorithms and products.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders (such as the technical team, senior clinical advisors, and marketing team) about clinical objectives, algorithm design and clinical feedback.
- Run early rounds of internal feedback gathering, before we launch to users.
- Understand the high-level company vision and goals, and make sure these are reflected in ongoing algorithm design, clinical feedback collection, and client communication.
- Medical degree with clinical experience is highly preferred.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- A strong intuition for what makes products a joy to use.
- Empathy for how different users will need different things out of a product at different stages, and how to effectively serve these different needs in one product.
- Strong communication and mediation skills.
- Strong people skills and the ability to engage all levels of the organization (especially the front line).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English.
- A strong background with expertise in Life Science, Medicine or Biomedicine to support the transformation of client requirements to algorithm design.
Nice to Have:
- Medical degree is highly preferred.
- Relevant work experience, including internships, full time industry/academia experience.
- Experience (classroom/room) on general programming languages: Python, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience with research communities and/or efforts, including having published papers (being listed as author) at biomedical conferences and journals.
Application Contact Information
This position will be highly visible to senior management within our company and at our customer organisations.
Please send your latest resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Your application should be in English and include a cover letter highlighting your experiences with IT companies, biopharmaceutical companies, healthcare organisations, and research institutions along with your CV.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible working hours.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Benefits include private medical insurance, life insurance and travel cards.
- You would join a small, dedicated and fast-growing team.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about building a startup business from experienced professionals and serial entrepreneurs.
- We are currently supported by serial entrepreneurs and angel investors. You will have the opportunity to experience an investment life cycle for a startup and meet leading venture capitalists.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pangaea Data’s headquarters is in London (UK) with teams in San Francisco (US) and Hong Kong. For more information, please visit www.pangaeadata.ai.
Pangaea Data is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.