About Pangaea Data Limited
Pangaea Data provides a novel AI driven product, which has clinically proven to characterize patients in a federated privacy preserving and scalable manner. For example, Pangaea helped characterize cachexia in cancer patients, which led to the discovery of 6x more undiagnosed, miscoded and at risk cachectic cancer patients with 95% accuracy with the potential to save £1billion annually and improving outcomes. Additionally, US based healthcare systems have applied Pangaea to measure health inequity across the US through characterization of patients and their journeys based on tumour genomic testing results, demographics and social indicators from patient records. Clinicians at pharmaceutical companies are applying Pangaea to discover new clinically actionable insights which have helped them find new drug targets, define new end points for clinical trials, understand relationships between drugs and adverse events, find more patients for clinical trials and during the launch of new therapies. The founders (Dr. Vibhor Gupta and Prof. Yike Guo) are based between South San Francisco and London and have attracted $200 million through their research.
As a Data Engineer, you need to be able to understand product data APIs and client data APIs so as to develop robust data integration, perform data analytics, and ensure Pangaea’s product is compatible with client data environment. Knowledge in databases, data science and AI will be critical.
Key technical responsibilities will include:
- Design, develop and test robust, flexible, efficient and secure product data APIs.
- Design, develop, test and deploy robust, flexible, secure and computationally efficient data integration pipeline (including conversion, pre-processing, loading, post-processing and etc) based on client data APIs (data specification, databases) so that the product is compatible. Such pipeline may require customisation per client requirements.
- Perform remote/local data analytics based on client data samples, product loggings and overall system performance to obtain insights about data and product improvements.
- Clearly communicate product data APIs to the clients, and clearly understand and communicate client requirements and client data specifications to the internal technical team.
- A strong intuition for what makes products a joy to use.
- Empathy for how different users will need different things out of a product at different stages, and how to effectively serve these different needs in one product.
- Strong communication and mediation skills.
- Strong people skills and the ability to engage all levels of the organization (especially the front line).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English.
- A strong software engineering background to understand how the user facing product will tie into backend and architectural decisions.
- With university qualification (Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate) who have completed at least two years of university study in Computer Science, Informatics, Engineering or related.
- Experience (classroom/work) in databases, different data specifications/models/APIs, data analytics and data science.
- Experience on general programming languages: Python, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience with working in Linux.
Nice to Have
- Experience with deep learning, machine learning and NLP frameworks such as PyTorch (or TensorFlow), HuggingFace Transformer, Scikit-learn.
- Relevant work experience, including internships, full time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible working hours.
- Salary depending on experience.
- Benefits include private medical insurance, life insurance and travel cards.
- You would join a small, dedicated and fast-growing team.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about building a startup business from experienced professionals and serial entrepreneurs.
- We are currently supported by serial entrepreneurs and angel investors. You will have the opportunity to experience an investment life cycle for a startup and meet leading venture capitalists.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please email your CV to email@example.com outlining your relevant experience.
Pangaea Data’s headquarters is in London (UK) with teams in San Francisco (US) and Hong Kong. For more information please visit www.pangaeadata.ai.
Pangaea Data is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances