Human Resources Specialist
Pangaea Data is a provider of the novel AI-driven product, PIES (Pangaea’s Intelligence Extraction and Summarization). PIES is characterizing patients by mapping their journeys and disease trajectories based on intelligence extracted and summarized from their records in a privacy preserving and scalable manner. For example, oncologists applied this capability to discover 6x more cancer patients with cachexia which helped them reduce the cost of treatment by 50% and potentially save £1 billion annually. Similarly, clinicians have applied the same capability to extract 26 clinical features (including genomic testing results, demographic information, and diagnosis data date) from patient records with over 97% accuracy (100% accuracy for 14 of these features). This work is helping to produce research quality data sets and is being further scaled across large healthcare systems in the US to measure health inequity and bias. Clinicians at pharmaceutical companies have benefitted from these capabilities by finding more suitable patients and improving screening success rates for new therapies and clinical trials.
Pangaea is based in San Francisco, London and Hong Kong and was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have raised more than $200 million through their work and is advised by leading experts from industry, Imperial College London and Stanford University. Pangaea’s investors include leading Deep Tech and Life Science funds and serial entrepreneurs who founded several UK and US headquartered unicorns. Pangaea is also selected by the UK Government as a leading digital health innovator.
Role Description and Responsibilities
As Pangaea is scaling our work and team, this role will have a heavy focus on recruitment/ talent acquisition. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the recruitment function and processes at Pangaea. Additionally, you will own general HR functions, such as managing employee onboarding and employee benefits.
- Managing end-to-end recruitment for technical, clinical and operational roles
- Draft job descriptions based on the requirements from hiring managers
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of suitable candidates for current and future open positions
- Screen applications, conduct interviews, and coordinate and schedule interviews with hiring managers
- Maintain job boards (internal, career pages, university postings)
- Manage relationships with universities, attend career fairs and other networking and career events
- Identify new channels for attracting talent
- Manage employee onboarding, employee benefits and contracts answer general inquiries
- Support the team with ad-hoc activities as required
- Experience with recruitment of talent for technical roles is required (preferably with Machine Learning/AI/NLP)
- Experience with recruitment of talent for clinical or biomedical roles is preferred
- Experience in a HR role and prior knowledge of UK employment laws is highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong time management and organization skills
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible working hours.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Benefits include private medical insurance, life insurance and travel cards.
- You would join a small, dedicated and fast-growing team.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about building a startup business from experienced professionals and serial entrepreneurs.
- We are currently supported by serial entrepreneurs and angel investors. You will have the opportunity to experience an investment life cycle for a startup and meet leading venture capitalists.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Application Contact Information
Your application should include you cv and cover letter highlighting your experiences with HR and recruitment/ talent acquisition. Please email your application to email@example.com