About Pangaea Data Limited
Pangaea Data Limited provides a machine learning based software product to its customers from the biopharmaceutical and healthcare industry for faster identification of patient cohorts based on phenotypes (clinical characteristics and symptoms) from electronic health records (EHRs) and unstructured doctors’ notes. This is critical for detecting patients at risk of diseases, finding genes linked to a phenotype in the context of drug or biomarker discovery, recruiting patients for clinical trials, conducting real world evidence (RWE) studies and matching the right patients with the right drugs. The company’s product has demonstrated that it is able to find the right patient cohorts at 50x speed and 30% higher accuracy when compared to alternative methodologies, such as rule based natural language processing (NLP), keyword extraction and manual means. All such work and metrics are published in high impact peer reviewed journals accessible through https://www.pangaeadata.ai/insights/.
Pangaea is based in San Francisco, London and Hong Kong and was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have raised more than £130 million through their work and is advised by leading experts from industry, Imperial College London and Stanford University. Pangaea’s investors include leading Deep Tech and Life science funds and serial entrepreneurs who founded several UK and US headquartered unicorns. Pangaea has access to more than 500 million patient electronic health records through its partnerships with hospitals and other such providers from the US, UK, Europe, South America and Asia Pacific.
Practical experience of building a business around a machine learning based software product for enabling findability and usability of data in Life sciences.
What You’ll Do
Depending on the term of the internship and desired objectives of the students (and their course), a project plan involving one or more of the activities (outlined below) will be planned and agreed with the student.
Technical (Computing, Data Sciences, Machine Learning and Bioinformatics):
- Define and build the architecture of the desired solution
- Build machine learning algorithms per different data sets and ontologies
- Containerise bioinformatics pipelines
Business (Sales and Marketing) and Management:
- Write grants, proposals and business plans explaining Pangaea’s technical and functional proposition for the benefit of funding bodies, accelerator programs and venture capitalists.
- Generate leads on behalf of Pangaea and engage with existing or new customers
Duration of Project
Minimum: 3 months Maximum: 12 months
Internship should be a part of their further or higher education course.
- Ambition to succeed and learn
- Eager to work as a part of a team
- Proactive and independent with a desire for self-learning and self-assessment
- Prompt to act and deliver high quality deliverables per agreed timelines
- Keen to work in a start-up environment with experienced management and world leading academic experts
Depending on the role during the internship, the head of that department will supervise the students and their progress during the internship. Dr. Vibhor Gupta, the founder, will mentor the students and work with them in close supervision. This will help them be part of our company’s growth and allow them to up-skill as the company develops a commercial solution and engages with customers and investors. The students will also be supported by Dr. Carlos Pittol.
- Gain industrial experience
- References available at the end of internship.
- Any deliverables (publications, presentations, collaterals) produced through the work carried out during the internship will be duly acknowledged.
- Assessment towards the course/ qualification/ degree of the student as per their university guidelines
- Opportunity to apply for full time positions with Pangaea
Application Contact Information
Please send your interest to email@example.com. Please highlight your background, skills, degrees and which activities will be of interest. Also, please confirm that such an internship will be part of your educational course.
Pangaea Data is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.