Manager, Strategy and Growth
About Pangaea Data Limited
Pangaea Data Limited provides a machine learning based software product to its customers from the biopharmaceutical and healthcare industry for faster identification of patient cohorts based on phenotypes (clinical characteristics and symptoms) from electronic health records (EHRs) and unstructured doctors’ notes. This is critical for detecting patients at risk of diseases, finding genes linked to a phenotype in the context of drug or biomarker discovery, recruiting patients for clinical trials, conducting real world evidence (RWE) studies and matching the right patients with the right drugs. The company’s product has demonstrated that it is able to find the right patient cohorts at 50x speed and 30% higher accuracy when compared to alternative methodologies, such as rule based natural language processing (NLP), keyword extraction and manual means. All such work and metrics are published in high impact peer reviewed journals accessible through https://www.pangaeadata.ai/insights/.
Pangaea is based in San Francisco, London and Hong Kong and was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have raised more than £130 million through their work and is advised by leading experts from industry, Imperial College London and Stanford University. Pangaea’s investors include leading Deep Tech and Life science funds and serial entrepreneurs who founded several UK and US headquartered unicorns. Pangaea has access to more than 500 million patient electronic health records through its partnerships with hospitals and other such providers from the US, UK, Europe, South America and Asia Pacific.
A unique position to work alongside the founding team to explore growth opportunities for Pangaea’s novel unsupervised AI in the financial industry. You would use your background in Management Consultancy and industry knowledge of the Financial industry to advise us on expanding the application of our product beyond Life Sciences. This role will be based around providing consultation, insight and experienced analysis of a deep dive into understanding how our product could applied in a new field, evaluating the opportunity and viability of the expansion.
What you’ll do
- Provide insight into the potential validity of our product in the financial industry
- Understand the product and be able to build a recommendation using your specific knowledge of the financial industry as to Pangaea’s applicability in entering the industry
- Identify and connect to potential end users and stakeholders from the financial industry to validate your insights and analysis
- Draw on a wider network to formulate a robust business plan for Pangaea’s growth in the financial industry
- Minimum of 3 years as a management consultant at a top tier firm focusing on the application of AI in the financial industry
- Deep understanding of the financial industry
- Demonstrable understanding the applicability of technology and AI
- Good network of key stakeholders from the financial industry
- Experience of writing and presenting business plans to executive management and board members
Nice to have
- Demonstrated history of working in a Growth focused role
- Experience of working successfully in a rapidly changing environment with leading researchers and engineers
- Experience of applying AI and software solutions within the financial industry
Perks and Benefits
- Remote and flexible working
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience
- Package of attractive benefits including stock options and discretionary bonus
- You will join a dedicated highly renowned team offering you the opportunity to grow and develop your professional skills and profile
- You will have the opportunity to learn about building a rapidly growing business from experienced professionals and serial entrepreneurs
Application Contact Information
Your position will be highly visible to senior management within our company and our investors’ organisations.
Your application should be in English and include a cover letter highlighting your experiences in the financial industry and detailing in around 50 words:
- Your motivation around this role.
- Your understanding of AI and its application in banking and finance.
- What you understand about our work, and what comes to mind in the context of its application in banking and finance.
Please send the above to
Pangaea Data is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.