About Pangaea Data Limited
Pangaea Data is a South San Francisco and London based provider of the novel AI-driven product, PIES (Pangaea’s Intelligence Extraction and Summarization). PIES is characterizing patients by mapping their journeys and disease trajectories based on intelligence extracted and summarized from their records in a privacy preserving and scalable manner. For example, oncologists applied this capability to discover 6x more cancer patients with cachexia which helped them reduce the cost of treatment by 50% and potentially save £1 billion annually. Similarly, clinicians have applied the same capability to extract 26 clinical features (including genomic testing results, demographic information, and diagnosis data date) from patient records with over 97% accuracy (100% accuracy for 14 of these features). This work is helping to produce research quality data sets and is being further scaled across large healthcare systems in the US to measure health inequity and bias. Clinicians at pharmaceutical companies have benefitted from these capabilities by finding more suitable patients and improving screening success rates for new therapies and clinical trials.
Pangaea is based in San Francisco, London and Hong Kong and was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have raised more than $200 million through their work and is advised by leading experts from industry, Imperial College London and Stanford University. Pangaea’s investors include leading Deep Tech and Life Science funds and serial entrepreneurs who founded several UK and US headquartered unicorns. Pangaea is also selected by the UK Government as a leading digital health innovator.
As a Project Manager, you need to be able to understand the product and client requirements so as to bridge the communication between the clients and the technical team. Knowledge in NLP, AI and biomedicine will help you better understand the product and client requirements.
Key technical responsibilities:
- Understand the clients in life science (such as biopharmaceutical companies and healthcare providers) they engage with and the problems, pain points and requests they are seeing.
- Clearly communicate the client requirements to the technical team and communicate the product features to the clients.
- Collaborate with the technical team and manage client projects with clear timelines.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (such as the technical team, sales team and marketing team) to prepare materials including presentations, grant applications, posters, research papers and other publications.
- Run early rounds of internal feedback gathering, before we launch to users.
- Understand the high-level company vision and goals, and make sure these are reflected in ongoing project management and client communication.
- A strong intuition for what makes products a joy to use.
- Empathy for how different users will need different things out of a product at different stages, and how to effectively serve these different needs in one product.
- Strong communication and mediation skills.
- Strong people skills and the ability to engage all levels of the organization (especially the front line).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English.
- A strong project management background in Life Science to understand how the user facing product will tie into project management, backend and architectural decisions.
- Relevant work experience, including internships, full time industry/academia experience as a project manager.
- Experience in biopharmaceutical/healthcare industry, research and technology.
- With university qualification (Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate) who have completed at least two years of university study in Life Science, Biomedical Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or related.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Experience (classroom/room) on general programming languages: Python, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience with research communities and/or efforts, including having published papers (being listed as author) at conferences and/or journals in AI and/or medicine.
- Knowledge or experience (classroom/work) in AI, NLP.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible working hours.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Benefits include private medical insurance, life insurance and travel cards.
- You would join a small, dedicated and fast-growing team.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about building a startup business from experienced professionals and serial entrepreneurs.
- We are currently supported by serial entrepreneurs and angel investors. You will have the opportunity to experience an investment life cycle for a startup and meet leading venture capitalists.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Application Contact Information
This position will be highly visible to senior management within our company and at our customer organisations. Experience and knowledge of managing AI and Data solutions for drug discovery or clinical trial or real-world evidence-based projects at scale is desirable.
Your application should be in English and include a cover letter highlighting your experiences with Biopharmaceutical companies and Healthcare organisations along with your CV.
Please send your latest resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pangaea Data is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.