About Pangaea Data Limited
With the mission to improve patient outcomes, Pangaea Data Limited provides a machine learning based software product to its customers from the biopharmaceutical and healthcare industry for faster identification of patient cohorts based on phenotypes (clinical characteristics and symptoms) from electronic health records (EHRs) and unstructured doctors’ notes. This is critical for detecting patients at risk of diseases, finding genes linked to a phenotype in the context of drug or biomarker discovery, recruiting patients for clinical trials, conducting real world evidence (RWE) studies and matching the right patients with the right drugs. The company’s product has demonstrated that it is able to find the right patient cohorts at 50x speed and 30% higher accuracy when compared to alternative methodologies. All such work and metrics are published in high impact peer reviewed journals accessible through https://www.pangaeadata.ai/insights/.
Pangaea is based in San Francisco, London and Hong Kong and was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have raised more than £130 million through their work and is advised by leading experts from industry, Imperial College London and Stanford University. Pangaea’s investors include leading Deep Tech and Life Science funds and serial entrepreneurs who founded several UK and US headquartered unicorns. Pangaea is also selected by the UK Government as a leading digital health innovator.
As a Project Manager, you need to be able to understand the product and client requirements so as to bridge the communication between the clients and the technical team. Knowledge in NLP, AI and biomedicine will help you better understand the product and client requirements.
Key technical responsibilities:
- Understand the clients in life science (such as biopharmaceutical companies and healthcare providers) they engage with and the problems, pain points and requests they are seeing.
- Clearly communicate the client requirements to the technical team and communicate the product features to the clients.
- Collaborate with the technical team and manage client projects with clear timelines.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (such as the technical team, sales team and marketing team) to prepare materials including presentations, grant applications, posters, research papers and other publications.
- Run early rounds of internal feedback gathering, before we launch to users.
- Understand the high-level company vision and goals, and make sure these are reflected in ongoing project management and client communication.
- A strong intuition for what makes products a joy to use.
- Empathy for how different users will need different things out of a product at different stages, and how to effectively serve these different needs in one product.
- Strong communication and mediation skills.
- Strong people skills and the ability to engage all levels of the organization (especially the front line).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English.
- A strong project management background in Life Science to understand how the user facing product will tie into project management, backend and architectural decisions.
- Relevant work experience, including internships, full time industry/academia experience as a project manager.
- Experience in biopharmaceutical/healthcare industry, research and technology.
- With university qualification (Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate) who have completed at least two years of university study in Life Science, Biomedical Informatics, Computer Science, Engineering or related.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge or experience (classroom/work) in AI, NLP.
Nice to Have
- Experience (classroom/room) on general programming languages: Python, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience with research communities and/or efforts, including having published papers (being listed as author) at AI/ML/NLP/CV conferences (e.g. NeuraIPS, ICML, ICLR, ACL, EMNLP, NAACL, CVPR, KDD etc) and biomedical journals.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible working hours.
- Hybrid working from office and home.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Benefits include private medical insurance, life insurance and travel cards.
- You would join a small, dedicated and fast-growing team.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about building a startup business from experienced professionals and serial entrepreneurs.
- We are currently supported by serial entrepreneurs and angel investors. You will have the opportunity to experience an investment life cycle for a startup and meet leading venture capitalists.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Application Contact Information
This position will be highly visible to senior management within our company and at our customer organisations.
Your application should be in English and include a cover letter highlighting your experiences with Biopharmaceutical companies and Healthcare organisations along with your CV.
Please send your latest resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pangaea Data is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.