About Pangaea Data Limited
Pangaea Data Limited provides a machine learning based software product to its customers from the biopharmaceutical and healthcare industry for faster identification of patient cohorts based on phenotypes (clinical characteristics and symptoms) from electronic health records (EHRs) and unstructured doctors’ notes. This is critical for detecting patients at risk of diseases, finding genes linked to a phenotype in the context of drug or biomarker discovery, recruiting patients for clinical trials, conducting real world evidence (RWE) studies and matching the right patients with the right drugs. The company’s product has demonstrated that it is able to find the right patient cohorts at 50x speed and 30% higher accuracy when compared to alternative methodologies, such as rule based natural language processing (NLP), keyword extraction and manual means. All such work and metrics are published in high impact peer reviewed journals accessible through https://www.pangaeadata.ai/insights/.
Pangaea is based in San Francisco, London and Hong Kong and was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have raised more than £130 million through their work and is advised by leading experts from industry, Imperial College London and Stanford University. Pangaea’s investors include leading Deep Tech and Life science funds and serial entrepreneurs who founded several UK and US headquartered unicorns. Pangaea has access to more than 500 million patient electronic health records through its partnerships with hospitals and other such providers from the US, UK, Europe, South America and Asia Pacific.
As part of Sales, you will be part of the foundational team selling Pangaea’s product to Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical companies. You will be responsible for generating qualified opportunities, winning new business and managing relationships among life sciences companies. A strong understanding of the life science industry, enterprise software sales cycle and a passion for making market changes with innovative technology is essential. Candidates should have at least 5 years of experience in enterprise software sales or consultative selling with a proven track record of sales success.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and implement a proactive sales prospecting plan to always ensure a robust sales pipeline
- Develop a clear understanding of the prospect’s needs as part of your in-depth qualification process
- Keep current with industry trends and utilize sound knowledge of Pangaea’s products to present clear compelling solutions to specifically address prospect’s needs
- Once a solution is presented to a qualified prospect, ensure mutual clarity on next steps
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders across Science, IT, and Business levels
- Act with urgency, integrity and a focus on the customer
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Enterprise sales experience with Life Science Software Solutions
- Strategic account planning and execution skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of customers from end users to C-level
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision
- A passion for solving customer business problems
Nice to Have
- 5 years’ experience selling enterprise software and related services into life sciences
- Hands on experience selling into Life sciences companies
- Experience working successfully in a rapidly changing environment
- Understanding software solutions across research, clinical and commercial (off-label extension and precision medicine) areas
Perks and Benefits
- Remote and flexible working
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience
- Package of attractive benefits including stock options and discretionary bonus
- You will join a dedicated highly renowned team offering you the opportunity to grow and develop your professional skills and profile
- You will have the opportunity to learn about building a rapidly growing business from experienced professionals and serial entrepreneurs
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a telephonic conversation with the founder of Pangaea following which a select cohort will be invited to submit a sales plan outlining the following:
- Revenue projections (bookings) for the first three years based on your knowledge of Pangaea’s product and the demand in industry
- Pre-requisites and assumptions underlining the sales projections.
- Number of customer opportunities relating to the sales projections. Please outline what area of a Biopharma business are you confident of these opportunities to arise from?
- Projections for the sales pipeline for the first three years? How many customers? How many opportunities at each customer?
- Please outline if these opportunities (bookings and pipeline) are based on your existing set of contacts or are their other assumptions which drive the figure? If this is through your direct contacts then what is the role of these contacts? Are these decision makers? Are they CSOs or CMOs or Heads of R&D?
Application Contact Information
This position will be highly visible to senior management within our company and our investor’s organisations.
Your application should be in English and include a cover letter highlighting your experiences with the financial industry along with your CV.
Please send your latest resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pangaea Data’s headquarters is in London (UK) with teams in San Francisco (US) and Hong Kong. For more information please visit www.pangaeadata.ai.
Pangaea Data is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.