Senior NLP Researcher
About Pangaea Data Limited
Pangaea Data Limited provides a machine learning based software product to its customers from the biopharmaceutical and healthcare industry for faster identification of patient cohorts based on phenotypes (clinical characteristics and symptoms) from electronic health records (EHRs) and unstructured doctors’ notes. This is critical for detecting patients at risk of diseases, finding genes linked to a phenotype in the context of drug or biomarker discovery, recruiting patients for clinical trials, conducting real world evidence (RWE) studies and matching the right patients with the right drugs. The company’s product has demonstrated that it is able to find the right patient cohorts at 50x speed and 30% higher accuracy when compared to alternative methodologies, such as rule based natural language processing (NLP), keyword extraction and manual means. All such work and metrics are published in high impact peer reviewed journals accessible through https://www.pangaeadata.ai/insights/.
Pangaea is based in San Francisco, London and Hong Kong and was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have raised more than £130 million through their work and is advised by leading experts from industry, Imperial College London and Stanford University. Pangaea’s investors include leading Deep Tech and Life science funds and serial entrepreneurs who founded several UK and US headquartered unicorns. Pangaea has access to more than 500 million patient electronic health records through its partnerships with hospitals and other such providers from the US, UK, Europe, South America and Asia Pacific.
As a Researcher in Natural Language Processing, you are involved in the research team. We need our researchers to develop cutting-edge technology which can be applied in our products. You’ll also get a chance to work closely with engineers to productise your research technology. A strong research skills and knowledge on Machine Learning especially Natural Language Processing are essential.
What You’ll Do
- Communicate with other researchers, the engineers and the product team on requirements.
- Research and develop cutting-edge technology on Text Mining and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Applying NLP technology for medical applications.
- PhD in Computer Science, Medical Informatics or related.
- Work experience in Machine learning, Natural Language Processing, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Science, Data Mining and/or Bioinformatics.
- Work experience on general programming languages: Python, C++, Java, R.
- Work experience with popular ML frameworks: PyTorch.
- Work experience with cloud computing management technology (e.g. Docker, Openstack)
- Strong publication record in AI/ML/NLP/CV conferences (e.g. NeuraIPS, ICML, ICLR, ACL, CVPR, KDD etc).
- Relevant work experience, including full time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab.
- Ability to work autonomously, collaboratively or in a team.
Perks and Benefits
- Remote and flexible working.
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience.
- Package of attractive benefits including stock options and discretionary bonus.
- You will join a dedicated highly renowned team offering you the opportunity to grow and develop your professional skills and profile.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about building a rapidly growing business from experienced professionals and serial entrepreneurs.
The interview process will include three rounds. The first round will be a coding (software programming) interview which aims to evaluate your skills of coding and algorithm design. You will be asked to solve 2-3 algorithm problems online within limited time independently. The second and third rounds will be interviews with our senior management which will focus on your technical and personal skills, during which you would be expected to answer questions regarding your CV.
Application Contact Information
This position will be highly visible to senior management within our company and at our customer organisations.
Your application should be in English and include a cover letter highlighting your experiences with Biopharmaceutical companies and Healthcare organisations along with your CV.
Please send your latest resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Pangaea Data is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.