About Pangaea Data Limited
With the mission to improve patient outcomes, Pangaea Data Limited provides a machine learning based software product to its customers from the biopharmaceutical and healthcare industry for faster identification of patient cohorts based on phenotypes (clinical characteristics and symptoms) from electronic health records (EHRs) and unstructured doctors’ notes. This is critical for detecting patients at risk of diseases, finding genes linked to a phenotype in the context of drug or biomarker discovery, recruiting patients for clinical trials, conducting real world evidence (RWE) studies and matching the right patients with the right drugs. The company’s product has demonstrated that it is able to find the right patient cohorts at 50x speed and 30% higher accuracy when compared to alternative methodologies. All such work and metrics are published in high impact peer reviewed journals accessible through https://www.pangaeadata.ai/insights/.
Pangaea is based in San Francisco, London and Hong Kong and was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have raised more than £130 million through their work and is advised by leading experts from industry, Imperial College London and Stanford University. Pangaea’s investors include leading Deep Tech and Life Science funds and serial entrepreneurs who founded several UK and US headquartered unicorns. Pangaea is also selected by the UK Government as a leading digital health innovator.
Role Description and Responsibilities
As a DevOps Engineer, you need to be able to build functional modules to deploy the products for customers locally/remotely and improve customer experience by identifying issues, implementing integrations and releasing new updates. Strong software engineering skills are essential and knowledge in NLP and AI will help you understand the product better. This position is open to new graduates, junior engineers and senior engineers.
Key Technical Responsibilities:
- Develop pipeline to automate and improve CI/CD and release processes
- Communicate and collaborate with the technical team to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Develop, deploy and maintain releases of products locally (e.g., docker) and remotely (e.g., REST API)
- Develop, deploy and maintain internal tools (e.g., logging, monitoring, security checking, CI/CD, authorization)
- Build and maintain infrastructure on cloud (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Examine code written by others, analyse results, trace issues, identify technical problems, ensure security of the system, and maintain documentation
- Communicate client requirements to the internal technical team and communicate product requirements (such as environment specifications, data specifications) to clients
- With university qualification (Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate) who have completed at least two years of university study in Computer Science, Informatics, Engineering or related.
- Experience (classroom/work) in DevOps, CI/CD, Git, Jira, databases, REST API, docker.
- Experience (classroom/work) in testing and quality assurance.
- Experience on general programming languages: Python, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience with working in Linux.
- A strong intuition for what makes products a joy to use.
- Empathy for how different users will need different things out of a product at different stages, and how to effectively serve these different needs in one product.
- Strong communication and mediation skills.
- Strong people skills and the ability to engage all levels of the organization (especially the front line).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English.
- A strong software engineering background with DevOps expertise to understand how the user facing product will tie into backend and architectural decisions.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with deep learning, machine learning and NLP frameworks such as PyTorch (or TensorFlow), HuggingFace Transformer, Scikit-learn.
- Relevant work experience, including internships, full time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab.
- Experience in DevOps for commercial software systems.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
Application Contact Information
This position will be highly visible to senior management within our company and at our customer organisations. Experience and knowledge of deploying AI and Data solutions for drug discovery or clinical trial or real-world evidence-based projects at scale is desirable.
Your application should be in English and include a cover letter highlighting your experiences with IT companies, biopharmaceutical companies, healthcare organisations, and research institutions along with your CV.
Please send your latest resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible working hours.
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Benefits include private medical insurance, life insurance and travel cards.
- You would join a small, dedicated and fast-growing team.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about building a startup business from experienced professionals and serial entrepreneurs.
- We are currently supported by serial entrepreneurs and angel investors. You will have the opportunity to experience an investment life cycle for a startup and meet leading venture capitalists.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pangaea Data’s headquarters is in London (UK) with teams in San Francisco (US) and Hong Kong. For more information, please visit www.pangaeadata.ai.
Pangaea Data is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.