Technical Project Managers
About Pangaea Data Limited
Pangaea Data Limited provides a machine learning based software product to its customers from the biopharmaceutical and healthcare industry for faster identification of patient cohorts based on phenotypes (clinical characteristics and symptoms) from electronic health records (EHRs) and unstructured doctors’ notes. This is critical for detecting patients at risk of diseases, finding genes linked to a phenotype in the context of drug or biomarker discovery, recruiting patients for clinical trials, conducting real world evidence (RWE) studies and matching the right patients with the right drugs. The company’s product has demonstrated that it is able to find the right patient cohorts at 50x speed and 30% higher accuracy when compared to alternative methodologies, such as rule based natural language processing (NLP), keyword extraction and manual means. All such work and metrics are published in high impact peer reviewed journals accessible through https://www.pangaeadata.ai/insights/.
Pangaea is based in San Francisco, London and Hong Kong and was founded by serial entrepreneurs who have raised more than £130 million through their work and is advised by leading experts from industry, Imperial College London and Stanford University. Pangaea’s investors include leading Deep Tech and Life science funds and serial entrepreneurs who founded several UK and US headquartered unicorns. Pangaea has access to more than 500 million patient electronic health records through its partnerships with hospitals and other such providers from the US, UK, Europe, South America and Asia Pacific.
Pangaea is looking for technical project managers to help customers and end users implement our product capabilities in their environment and successfully apply them in the context of their use cases and requirements.
You will gain powerful experience across a number of domains within the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry and deliver a positive and sustainable change.
Key technical responsibilities will include:
- Communicating with customers effectively to understand and formalise requirements of our product and technology.
- Coordinating with the technical team to manage design, discussion, development and release of projects.
- Strong people skills and the ability to engage all levels of the organization (especially the front line)
- Superior analytical skills, with the ability to translate analysis into recommendations
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record.
- Professional experience of deploying AI and Data driven solutions in the context of specific use cases from Healthcare and the Biopharmaceutical industry
- Understanding of the principles of change management and performance metrics and dialogues
Nice to Have
- Experience (classroom/work) in Machine learning, Natural Language Processing, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Science, Data Mining and/or Bioinformatics.
- Experience on general programming languages: Python, C++ and Java.
- Experience with working in Linux.
- Knowledge of working in AWS environment.
Perks and Benefits
- Remote and flexible working.
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience.
- Package of attractive benefits including stock options and discretionary bonus.
- You will join a dedicated highly renowned team offering you the opportunity to grow and develop your professional skills and profile.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about building a rapidly growing business from experienced professionals and serial entrepreneurs.
The interview process will include three rounds. The first round will be a coding (software programming) interview which aims to evaluate your skills of coding and algorithm design. You will be asked to solve 2-3 algorithm problems online within limited time independently. The second and third rounds will be interviews with our senior management which will focus on your technical and personal skills, during which you would be expected to answer questions regarding your CV.
Application Contact Information
This position will be highly visible to senior management within our company and at our customer organisations.
Your application should be in English and include a cover letter highlighting your experiences with Biopharmaceutical companies and Healthcare organisations along with your CV.
Please send your latest resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pangaea Data is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.